Courtesy of San Benito County:
Public Health experts across California and the nation are warning the public of potential COVID-19 vaccine scams.
The US Department of Health and Human Services issued a fraud alert on December 3, 2020. The alert can be found here.
As we released earlier in the week, here, the first batch of COVID-19 vaccine has arrived in San Benito County.
Key points for the COVID-19 Vaccine:
- The vaccine will be administered in predetermined Tiers.
- Hospital staff, skilled nursing facilities, assisted living facilities, medical facilities, paramedics, EMT’s and public safety officials will be prioritized to first receive the vaccine.
- The vaccine is being released in batches and at this time and it is unknown how long it will be before it is made available to everyone. We believe vaccine may become widely available by mid-2021.
- For questions and answers on COVID-19 vaccine visit: https://covid19.ca.gov/vaccines/#Questions-and-answers
Vaccine scam prevention tips:
- Do not pay to put your name on a list to get the vaccine
- Do not pay for early access to the vaccine
- Do not give out your social security number or credit card numbers
- Ignore any vaccine offers that ask for your personal or financial information
There have been no reports of vaccine fraud/scam in San Benito County currently. If you suspect COVID-19 health care fraud, report it immediately online or call 800-HHS-TIPS (800-447-8477).