San Benito County released an initial list of restaurants Friday applying for involvement in the Great Plates Delivered Program offered by the state to get meals from local eateries to seniors and other vulnerable populations during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The list includes six restaurants in Hollister, three in San Juan Bautista and three in Tres Pinos.
Residents who are eligible can sign up here.
The county this week announced participation in the program, while more details are coming on how residents can participate.
So far, the following restaurants have signed on:
· Grillin & Chillin Roadhouse Hollister
· Fisher’s Catering Hollister
· Mangia Italian Kitchen inc. Hollister
· Cozy Cup Cafe Hollister
· Farmhouse Cafe Hollister
· Relax! Grillin & Chillin Roadhouse Hollister
· JJ Burgers San Juan Bautista
· Basque Restaurant of SBC San Juan Bautista
· Mission Cafe San Juan Bautista
· Inn at Tres Pinos Tres Pinos
· Eva Mae’s Cafe LLC Tres Pinos
· Flapjacks Breakfast and Grill Tres Pinos
The county released the following announcement Wednesday:
San Benito County Office of Emergency Services (OES), in partnership with Seniors Council of Santa Cruz & San Benito Counties, San Benito County Express, and the United Way of San Benito joined the state funded program “Great Plates Delivered”, a meal delivery service for California’s older adults. San Benito County OES immediately pursued this funding opportunity, and coordinated with state agencies, in addition to local restaurants to launch the “Great Plates Delivered” program for the benefit of our county.
Great Plates Delivered has two purposes:
1. To help seniors (65+) and other adults (60-64) at High Risk from COVID-19, (having documented exposure to COVID-19 or underlying health condition) to stay home and stay healthy by delivering three nutritious meals a day;
2. To provide essential economic stimulus to local businesses struggling to stay afloat during the COVID-19 crisis.
Restaurants interested in providing meals or seniors interested in receiving meals should visit: https://covid19.ca.gov/restaurants-deliver-home-meals-for-seniors/
For more information on this program, please email Program Coordinator, Cielo Lopez at email@example.com or call Cielo at (831) 205-1371.
Photo: Bacon cheeseburger from Grillin & Chillin Alehouse in Hollister.