The Hollister Police Department is asking for the public’s help identifying a woman connected to a suspected “porch pirate” package theft this week.
The police department released the following press statement on the matter:
On Tuesday, a theft of a package occurred in a residential neighborhood. A female is wanted for questioning.
Police received a report that a package had been taken off of the door step of a home in the 1100 block of Marne Drive. The package contained several items.
The victim of this crime reported she was contacted by a Hollister resident that had found the empty package container several streets away from the victim’s home. A packing slip was left behind with the victim’s phone number on it.
The victim has a video surveillance system and was able to provide the police department with footage of the theft.
The Hollister Police Department is asking for the public’s help with identifying the female suspect in this case.
Anyone having information on this case is asked to call the Hollister Police Department at 636-4330. Persons wishing to remain anonymous can call the WeTip Hotline at 800-78-CRIME. Information provided to WeTip may qualify for a reward.
The Hollister Police Department would also like to remind citizens that package thefts do increase this time of year. Please gather your packages from your front door or mail box as soon as possible. You may also consider:
- Have packages delivered to your work.
- Schedule deliveries for times you will be home. This keeps packages from sitting unattended for long periods of time.
- Buddy up with a neighbor. Tell your neighbor you are expecting a package and keep an eye out for each other.
- Require a signature. This extra insurance ensures that you won’t have packages piling up at your door.
- Consider using a smart locker. Or special instructions to the delivery person to place packages out of sight or to lock in a container on your property.