Courtesy of Gavilan College:
The 2018 Committee members are:
- Jan Bernstein Chargin
- Stacey Porteur
- Judy Rodriguez
- Mary Ann Sanidad
- Linda Bernabe
- Bobbi Jo Palmer (Gavilan College Education Foundation)
Anyone may submit a nomination for a community spirit award.
Candidates must reside, work, or do business in the community for which they are being nominated.
A committee representing Gavilan College staff, students, and faculty will review the nominations and make a recommendation to the Board of Trustees for one business, one organization, and one individual from each of the major communities in the college district.
Nominations will be evaluated based upon:
- Duration of service to the community
- Impact of the nominee on the community
- Scope of the impact (were a few people affected?, many?, a specific subset?)
- Is the nominee a volunteer?
- Intangible evidence of “Community Spirit.” — tell us what that means to you
Nomination forms, more information, and a listing of past award recipients are available online at http://www.gavilan.edu/news/announcement/spirit-awards.php