The Hollister School District Board of Trustees will hold a retreat next weekend to talk over broader issues and goals.
The retreat is set for 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Saturday in the Enterprise Room of the school district office on Cienega Road. All trustees have confirmed they will attend, according to the district.
According to an item on Tuesday’s regular meeting agenda bout the retreat:
Board Retreat Agenda Possibilities
- Identify and discuss our shared purpose a. Discuss vision, mission, values, and goals.
- Establish governance ground rules
- Discuss community leadership, board conduct, board vision, and ensuring accountability.
- Discuss Board roles and responsibilities
- Define Student Success a. English, math, science, and history.
b. Physical education, arts, career technical education c. Attendance, truancy, suspensions, and expulsions
- Review and update District Goals for 2018-2022 a. Goal 1: Academic achievement b. Goal 2: Safe campuses c. Goal 3: Fiscal stability