Courtesy of the Hollister Police Department:
As the City of Hollister prepares to celebrate Independence Day on July 4th, the Hollister Police Department offers a few tips to celebrate responsibly and avoid an expensive citation. Hollister Police Department will have a team of officers, joined by Hollister Code Enforcement patrolling the city for illegal fireworks.
- Safe and Sane Fireworks are allowed in the City of Hollister on July 4th.
- Hollister Police Department is again partnering with the app FOREalert. FOREalert is a free smartphone app that streamlines real-time, instant communication to our officers working on the fireworks patrol assignment. Citizens can stay completely anonymous since no registration; login or contact information is required to use the app. The app can be downloaded at the iTunes App store for IOS devices and the Google Play Store for Android devices. Location services must be turned on to use the FOREalert app. This app activates for use on July 4th, 2018.
- Illegal fireworks are for the most part a noise nuisance and we will be patrolling the city looking for these violations. Please reserve use of 911 and our dispatch center (831-636-4331) for public safety emergencies.
- Persons who are found using or possessing illegal fireworks will be cited. Property owners where illegal firework activity is occurring will also be cited. Local ordinance contain fines up to $1,000 for a first offense.
- Please take care of your pets that are sensitive to loud noises and provide a secure kennel, room or enclosure that protects them from the noise and sounds associated with this evening.
- Please celebrate responsibly, pre-designate a sober driver if you are going to consume alcoholic beverages.
Help us make this Independence Day a safe celebration for everyone.