The Hollister Police Department is warning residents about wind in the area Thursday through early Friday.
According to a statement from police:
The National Weather Service San Francisco Bay Area has issued a Wind Advisory, which is in effect from 7 AM Thursday to 4 AM PST Friday.
- WINDS…North 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 45 mph with local gusts to 55 mph.
- TIMING…Early Thursday morning through Sunrise Friday morning.
- LOCATIONS…Bay Area hills and mountains above about 1000 feet as well as mountains of Monterey and San Benito Counties.
- IMPACTS…Gusty winds will blow around unsecured objects. Trees or tree limbs could be blown down and result in local power outages. Gusty winds will also make driving difficult, especially for drivers of high profile vehicles or those pulling trailers.
- AFFECTED AREAS: EAST BAY HILLS AND THE DIABLO RANGE … MOUNTAINS OF SAN BENITO COUNTY AND INTERIOR MONTEREY COUNTY INCLUDING PINNACLES NATIONAL PARK … SANTA CRUZ MOUNTAINS … NORTH BAY MOUNTAINS … SANTA LUCIA MOUNTAINS AND LOS PADR ES NATIONAL FOREST
File photo of damaged tree in 2017 storms locally