Courtesy of Hazel Hawkins Memorial Hospital:
Effective immediately, based upon recommendations from San Benito County Public Health Department, Mabie Skilled Nursing Facility and Hazel Hawkins Memorial Hospital have temporarily restricted visitors to all skilled nursing residents in the two facilities to minimize the risk of introducing the 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) to the residents.
“It is of utmost importance to us to protect this vulnerable poplution from exposure to the COVID-19” states Amy Bannister, RN, MSN, Infection Control Coordinator. “We understand that this is difficult and frustrating for residents and family members, but it is a necessary precaution we must undertake. Our hope is to return to normal operations as soon as possible.”
Here are some basic protective measures against COVID-19:
• Practice basic hand hygiene, including hand sanitizing and hand washing.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
• Do not shake hands, hug or kiss when greeting people.
• Cover your nose and mouth with your elbow when you cough or sneeze.
• Sanitize and disinfect frequently touched surfaces on a regular basis.
• Stay home if the following symptoms are present: fever (temperature greater than 100 degrees), chills, cough, shortness of breath, muscle aches, and fatigue.