Hollister police informed residents that a heat advisory has been issued by the National Weather Service until Saturday night.
According to the statement from Hollister police:
HEAT ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 10 AM TO 9 PM PDT SATURDAY… The National Weather Service San Francisco Bay Area has issued a Heat Advisory, which is in effect from 10 AM to 9 PM PDT Saturday.
* TIMING…From 10 am to 9 pm PDT Saturday.
* LOCATION…Interior valleys and mountains of Monterey County and San Benito County including Pinnacles National Park, Arroyo Seco, and Lake San Antonio.
* TEMPERATURES…Maximum temperatures between 98 and 109.
* IMPACTS…Moderate to high risk of heat illness for those who are sensitive to heat or for those who are exposed to the sun and active for long durations. The heat will also be dangerous to anyone without proper hydration or adequate cooling. Heat stress is possible for livestock and outdoor pets.
* AFFECTED AREAS: MOUNTAINS OF SAN BENITO COUNTY AND INTERIOR MONTEREY COUNTY INCLUDING PINNACLES NATIONAL PARK … SANTA LUCIA MOUNTAINS AND LOS PADRES NATIONAL FOREST .. . SOUTHERN SALINAS VALLEY, ARROYO SECO AND LAKE SAN ANTONIO
A Heat Advisory means that a period of hot temperatures is expected. Hot temperatures will create a situation in which heat illnesses are possible. Drink plenty of fluids…stay in an air- conditioned room…stay out of the sun…and check up on relatives and neighbors.