The Hollister Downtown Association released the following update on the Dowtown Hollister Farmers Market taking place from May-October:
We are excited to share our latest updates about the market with our members! Thank you for your patience as we worked through all of the data collection from our downtown business owners and market vendors to come up with solutions that will hopefully work for all of us. The board of directors has met and voted upon the following changes to this year’s market. We are excited to announce the following information:
- We have a new Farmers’ Market Manager, Corey Shaffer! We are excited to have her on our team. Corey can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will offer a free booth space to our HDA member businesses who are directly affected by the market footprint. Address must be on San Benito Street between Fifth and Seventh streets. ($495 value)
- We will close the street at 1:00 p.m. (previously 12:00 p.m).
- We will condense market area from Fifth Street to Seventh Street (opening up traffic and parking between Fourth and Fifth) and compress the market as vendor attendance drops off as school resumes, etc.
- We will work closely with the vendors to make sure that vendor trash is packed out and not left on sidewalks and in city garbage cans.
- Our EBT and Hollister Downtown Association booths will move closer to Sixth Street instead of being at one end of the market.
- The market dates will be May 1 – September 25 (22 weeks)
- The market times will be 3 – 7:30 p.m.
anticipate crowds of up to 5,000 people in our downtown area on market
days so please come down and join in the fun! Be sure to check out
all of our downtown merchants while you are downtown. Many of them
offer Farmers’ Market specials on Wednesdays. Tell them HDA sent you!
We appreciate your continued support of HDA and of our downtown. Thank you!