Courtesy of Gavilan College:
We continue to monitor the situation, and follow the guidelines of the California Department of Public Health, Chancellor’s Office, Santa Clara County Public Health Department, and San Benito County Public Health. The situation may change. New information will be posted on the Gavilan College website.
At this time, and through the end of March:
• Classes remain in session at all Gavilan College locations
• Special events, many meetings, and other gatherings have been cancelled or postponed
• Audiences will not be permitted at athletic competitions
• Cosmetology services are closed to the public
• Outside use of college facilities is not permitted
Do not come to campus or attend class if:
• You are sick
• You are experiencing respiratory symptoms such as sneezing or cough
• You have been in contact with someone who has a confirmed case of Covid-19
Protect yourself by:
• Washing your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds after before and after eating, after touching surfaces in public areas, and after using the bathroom.
• Do not touch your face: eyes, nose mouth with unclean hands
• Use hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available
• Sit at least arms-length away from others when possible
• Do not shake hands or hug in greeting – use a smile, wave, or fist-bump instead!
• Make the best decision for your health if you are in a high risk group, such as older adults or adults of any age with an underlying health condition.
Protect others by:
• Covering your mouth and nose if you sneeze or cough
• Staying home if you are sick or experiencing respiratory symptoms
• Washing your hands frequently
We understand that some students may have received a text message from a fake account claiming that classes were cancelled. This was not sent by Gavilan College and is not accurate.
For more information and resources about Covid-19, go to: http://www.gavilan.edu/news/Covid19.php