48.1 F
San Benito
English English Spanish Spanish
March 30, 2023

City taking applications for July 4 block parties

Courtesy of the City of Hollister:

Anyone wishing to close a street in the City of Hollister (a public right of way) for a Block Party at any time, especially for 4th of July celebrations, must have permission from the City of Hollister. Applications are available at City Hall, 375 Fifth St.; online on our website; or by calling the City Clerk’s Office at (831) 636-4300, x 17.

Applicants must submit a completed application for a Block Party as well as an executed Hold Harmless Agreement, both of which are available from the City Clerk’s Office, as well as a Certificate of Insurance naming the City of Hollister as an additional insured. Certificates of Insurance are usually available from a resident’s homeowners insurance company.

Normally, a request for a Block Party is required to be submitted 30 days prior to an event. However, due to increased requests for 4th of July Block Party Permits and scheduled City Council meetings, all completed applications for a Block Party Permit for this 4th of July must be submitted to the City Clerk’s Office no later than Wednesday, June 5, 2019, at 5 p.m.


Christine Black, MMC

City Clerk

636-4300 x 1