Courtesy of the CHP:
The California Highway Patrol’s Hollister-Gilroy Area office is having an open house to promote the Area’s Explorer Post in the hopes of recruiting new Explorer Cadets.
The CHP’s Explorer program is a unique and challenging opportunity that allows young men and women (ages 15-21) to be an integral part of the Department’s operations and experience what a career in law enforcement would be like. Explorers are trained in many aspects of law enforcement and they work with officers in the field as they patrol the highways and freeways of California. Explorer activities vary widely. Some of these activities include:
- Ride along with road patrol officers.
- Assist the Area with sobriety checkpoints.
- Assist with clerical duties at the Area office.
- Participate in local, State & National Explorer competitions.
- Physical fitness training.
- Community service events.
- Organize fundraising events for the Post. The open house will be on Thursday, May 30, 2019 from 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. at the Hollister-Gilroy CHP Area office located at 740 Renz Lane in Gilroy. Food and refreshments will be provided. Seating is limited. Interested in attending? Please RSVP by calling or emailing Officer Chris Miceli at (408) 848-2324 x211 or email@example.com to reserve a spot.