Students at Aromas School and San Juan School were sent home today, the first day of school, for separate reasons.
Aromas School had a gas leak this morning. It prompted school officials to send students home for the day mid-morning, according to the school’s Facebook page.
Additionally, the other grade school in the district, San Juan School, had to send students home as well due to a power outage caused by a traffic accident. Students started their first day of school on campus, but were eventually sent home.
Anzar High School in the district was unaffected by the issues and classes went ahead as planned.
Look back for more.