At its meeting Tuesday night, the Hollister School District Board of Trustees will consider the following:
• Discussion about the new cannabis laws and any related impacts for local students
• Charter renewal for Hollister Prep Academy
• Approval of the 2018-19 academic calendar
• Annual reports by bond oversight committees
• Report on progress at Gabilan Hills Elementary School
• Construction cost increases at two schools due to high moisture levels in soil
• Contract between Ed-Link and the district for a Saturday Academy where students can make up for lost classroom time.
According to the agenda, the Saturday Academy consideration states as follows:
This contract is for work to be performed to establish and provide support for the HSD Saturday Academy. Saturday Academy will provide additional academics for students, offer enrichment opportunities, recover lost instructional time and recover lost ADA revenue for our District. Education Code allows school districts to recover all day absences through a four hour (240 minutes) Weekend instructional program. Students will be positively engaged, they will be in a safe environment, they will be offered a meal and the program will be self-funded out of the ADA revenue that is recovered. Our teachers will be provided the opportunity to build deeper relationships through interactive, differentiated learning options.
Trustees will meet at 5 p.m. at 2690 Cienega Road.
To read the full agenda, go here.