The San Benito High School Board of Trustees will hold a special meeting Tuesday and will consider ratifying pay increases for the teachers.
The meeting is set for 7 p.m. Tuesday at 1220 Monterey St.
Among items on the agenda, the district will consider ratifying a collective bargaining agreement between the district and the teachers association for July 1, 2017 to June 30, 2018 and from June 30, 2018 to June 30, 2020.
According to the agenda, the teachers would receive a 1.16 percent salary increase retroactive for the current school year to go with a 4.21 percent salary increase for 2018-19 and a 4.04 percent salary increase for 2019-20. As for total compensation, including benefits, the increases are 5.45 percent for 2018-19 and 5.25 percent for 2019-20.
In other matters, trustees will consider:
• Issuance of bonds not to exceed $43 million
• Summer school sections preview
• Athletics report
• Technology report
• Contract with Blach Construction for $985,000 for Nash Road work
• A consultant agreement with Earth Systems to provide construction testing and inspection services for $145,086 for the new aquatic center at the high school.
• Brandman University intern agreement
• Consultant agreement with River City for $11,250 for shop welding inspection
• Consultant agreement with School Services of California for fiscal consultation in the amount of $3,300 for eight hours of service plus an hourly rate for services beyond the eight hours
• Consultant agreement with Carroll Engineering for topographic survey work at the new maintenance building
• Consultant agreement with Carroll Engineering for $4,500 for a ground survey of the new Student Union project
To see the agenda, go to: http://www.sbhsd.k12.ca.us/content/school-board