The San Benito High School Board of Trustees is set to meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday at the school library.
Trustees are set to consider the following:
- Public hearing and resolution regarding adequacy of textbooks/instructional materials for 2018-19
- Approve English learner reclassification process
- 2018 summer school report
- Adopt resolution to establish a revised Gann Limit for 2017-18 and a projected Gann Limit for 2018-19. The Gann Limit is part of an approved state proposition putting limits on the growth in expenditures for public programs.
- Approve substitute pay rates
- Approval of amendment to the contract of employment for Superintendent Shawn Tennenbaum to coincide with similar increases for the bargaining units, administrators, confidential units and supervisors. According to the detailed summary in the agenda: For the 2017-18 school year, the superintendent shall receive a two percent increase to his base salary of $178,500, to be paid as follows: 1% retroactive pay for the period of July 1, 2017 to May 31, 2018 and 2% retroactive pay for the period of June 1, 2018 to June 30, 2018. For the 2018-2019 school year, the superintendent shall receive a two percent increase to his 2017-18 salary as calculated above, effective July 1, 2018. In addition, the superintendent’s salary shall be increased in the same longevity steps as provided to the administrative employees.
- Public hearing and board ratification of proposal for management to receive a salary increase for 2017-18 and 2018-19. The pay increases also coincide with recent contract changes for the teachers union and confidential employees unit.
- Approve district contracts for Blach Construction on the Science and Robotics Building
To read the full board packet for Tuesday’s meeting, go here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MPAZxmKhbfgO9Ajvr-q3QVlrZz_W6HfW/view