The Hollister Planning Commission will meet at 6 p.m. Thursday at Hollister City Hall, 375 Fifth St., to consider the following:
1. Conditional Use Permit 2018-10 – Alan Brookshire – The applicant is requesting a Conditional Use Permit for the previously approved Minor Subdivision 2018-3 and Site and Architectural Review 2018-7 which will allow a variation in the multifamily open space requirements. The project site is located at 221 Hawkins Street in the Downtown Mixed Use Zoning District (DMU), further identified as San Benito County Assessor Parcel Number 056-091-002. CEQA: Categorically Exempt.
2. Conditional Use Permit 2018-12 – Leonard Estrada – The applicant is requesting a Conditional Use Permit to construct a 461.25 square foot, 22 foot high, detached recreation room with a loft in the backyard of 730 Kathryn Drive. A Conditional Use Permit can be granted by the Planning Commission to allow an accessory structure to exceed the 15 foot height limitation described in the Zoning Ordinance Chapter 17.04.030, Table 17.04-3. The property is located in the R1 Low Density Residential Zoning District and is further identified as San Benito County Assessor Parcel Number 052-310-027. CEQA: Categorically Exempt.
PLANNING DEPARTMENT REPORTS:
- Lot 38 at the Blue Mountain Subdivision, also referred to as “The Cottages” off South Street, had previously had been proposed as a bio-retention lot at this location. This parcel will now be used to construct a single family residence. The project complies with all state and local stormwater requirements.
- At the January 22, 2019 City Council meeting, Planning staff will be requesting that the City Council consider appointing one to two Planning Commissioners to be appointed to the Ad Hoc Sign Committee to review the current sign ordinance, specifically in regards to the Hollister Downtown Area.
- Report on the Planning Commission schedule for 2019.