San Benito County supervisors will meet at 9 a.m. Tuesday at the San Benito County Administration Building, 481 Fourth St.On the agenda, they will get an update on Opioid Task Force and launch of a related website.
Supervisors will receive a presentation by Dr. Gail Newel, the public information officer, as an update of the San Benito County Opioid Task Force and launch of its website in continued efforts to respond to opioid use and misuse.
According to the full agenda report for the meeting: The San Benito County Opioid Task Force marks its one year anniversary as a cross-collaborative task force working to address opioid use and misuse impacting our community.
The San Benito County Opioid Task Force has grown to over 30 members representing a variety of agencies, organizations and community members including but not limited to Public Health Services, Behavioral Health, Substance Abuse, education, hospital and health care providers, pharmacies, law enforcement, probation, businesses and individual citizens.
The Task Force continues to meet monthly, developing and implementing strategies to decrease use and misuse of opioids and prevent overdose deaths. In the last year, the Task Force has conducted numerous outreach presentations, given almost 20 naloxone trainings/distribution, expanded safe disposal options and messaging within our community.
The Task Force is also working toward expansion of local treatment/support services and safe prescribing/dispensing guidelines. Today, the Opioid Task Force presents one of its major accomplishments, the launch of its informative, resource-rich website. Please see the link provided here www.wix.com and in the comments tab.
In other matters on the agenda:
- Recognize April England-Mackie as 2018 Agricultural Woman of the Year.
- Proclamation for the Association of Monterey Bay Area Governments celebrating its 50th anniversary
- Delegate authority to the CAO to finalize, approve and execute change order to Engie Energy Services contract in the amount of up to $257,297 upon negotiations and available financing and subject to approval by the county counsel.
- Approve amendment No. 2 to legal services agreement with Colantuono, Highsmith and Whatley in the amount not to exceed $45,000 for legal representation in the matter of San Benito County vs. Richard Scatlioitti, including proceedings at the Court of Appeal.
- Contract amendment with Community Homeless Solutions to include the Community Beautification and Homeless Empowerment Project, and extend the shelter operations contract in the amount of $20,000
- Approve contract with Sun Streets for Women’s Perinatal Residential Treatment for Oct. 23 through June 30 in the amount not to exceed $50,000.
- Receive an update on safety concerns for the intersection of Fairview and Fallon roads. At the Sept. 25 board meeting, supervisors requested that staff place on the October 23 agenda a discussion regarding safety concerns for the intersection of Fairview and Fallon Roads.