Hollister City Council members on Monday will consider the following:
- Approving $30,000 for park furniture improvements at Dunne Park that include picnic tables, ping pong tables and other passive recreation equipment to go with a new picnic area. According to the broader agenda: Staff would like to place up to four concrete picnic tables, two concrete ping pong tables, two concrete chess tables, and one concrete bean bag game on the site. Staff would like to use a combination of stabilized decomposed granite and concrete in the area. Additional trees, shrubs and flowers will complete the landscaping.
- Approving a reimbursement agreement between the city and Sunnyslope County Water District for the construction of a cross-town pipeline project. According to the broader agenda: The Cross Town pipeline portion of the construction bid is in the amount of $ 766,753. In addition to the bid amount, staff recommends to include a 5 percent contingency for unforeseen circumstances. The second phase of the pipeline will be constructed by SSCWD for $5,942,738.
- Approving $148,000 to replace the Utility Department backhoe. The city is currently renting a replacement for $4,000 monthly.
- Approving additional $15,000 for the Valley View Sports Court project for a total of $89,000.
- Approving $15,000 for the purchase of modular living quarters at 2000 Aerostar Drive, currently owned by California Shock Trauma Air Rescue, for the fire department to have a public safety facility at the north end of Hollister.
- Authorizing staff to proceed with Caltrans Cycle 4 Active Transportation Program applications for pedestrian and bicycle improvements to Nash-Tres Pinos and Sunnyslope roads and the construction of the river trail between Bridgevale Road and Apricot Park.
- Authorizing the calling for sealed bids on Phase 1 of the West Gateway Beautification Project.
- Rescinding the May 2017 approval of a controlled access highway agreement for the Highway 25 realignment with the state and authorizing execution of a revised agreement.
- Authorizing a $2.99 million contract with Teichert Construction for the Road Rehabilitation Program project.
- Approving a cannabis use permit for Saavy Ventures to operate a cultivation, manufacturing and distribution facility at 731 San Felipe Road.
- Approving a contract with the San Benito County Chamber of Commerce in the amount of $78,000 per year for five years for tourism marketing.
- Report on parking of recreational vehicles and boats.
The council meets at 6:30 p.m. at Hollister City Hall, 375 Fifth St.
-By Kollin Kosmicki